HOW 2 EBIKE
How2ebike is an electric bicycle rider training school in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It is dedicated to sharing the freedom and skills of e-biking with those who desire increased proficiency and safety when e-biking.
The courses at How2ebike are as distinct as their graduates, and focus on: collision avoidance, rider proficiency, road safety, ergonomics, maintenance, and the human factors of electric bicycling.
E-bikes share more aspects than not with motorcycles, and the gap regarding safety training is obvious; How2ebike exists to bridge that gap by elegantly blending relevant bicycle and motorcycle operation.
Given the additional weight, speed, and possibility of injury when compared to bicycles, qualified e-bike training is a worthwhile investment in yourself.
Our Electric Bicycle Courses
1. E-bike Ergonomics & Maintenance Course
You will receive a basic bike fit on your electric bicycle with the level of adjustability that your e-bike allows at that time, along with notes on any other ergonomic parts or items you may consider.
- Seat height, angle, and horizontal position
- Handlebar height, width, and angle
- Handlebar level angle and lateral positioning
- Foot placement and pedal grip
- Appropriate tire pressure to balance comfort and efficiency
- Tire/tube puncture repair
- Torquing fasteners
- Removing wheels
- E-bike specific cleaning
- E-bike battery usage
- General maintenance schedule for chains, belts, and internally geared hubs
- General lubrication and when to use grease, oil, or anti-seize
Inspect for wear and tear of:
- Chain rings
- Tube tires and tubeless tires
- Tire inner tubes
- Final drive chain
- Brake pads
2. E-bike Road Training Course
- E-bike usage in your municipality
- Using lanes/trails/paths
- Preventing electric bicycle accidents
- Predicting accidents
- Helmets and certifications
- Eyewear choice vs depth perception
- Electric bicycle specific tires and inflation
- Headlight and taillight selection
- Basic road tools and repair kit
- Route planning
- High speed steering, specific to electric bicycles
- Low speed steering
- Preventing knee injury
- Front and rear weight balance Implications during braking
- Body positioning
- Contact points
- Head and eye positioning
- Lane positioning
- Starting and stopping on steep hills
- Escape routes
- Signaling and lane changing order of operations
- Intersections – Right tire track or left?
- Stop signs – Where should I actually stop?
- Electric bicycle emergency braking
- Swerving around an obstruction
- Riding over an obstruction
- What to do in a front or rear wheel e-bike skid
- Brake lever application technique
- How to use your head and eye position to decrease braking distance
bOOK YOUR ELECTRIC BICYCLE TRAINING cOURSE NOW
Send a message and schedule an e-bike course
It’s the only way to ride! By using your e-bike, you will benefit the most while preforming collision avoidance on your own electric bicycle.
Let’s help you find a place to rent one!
Let’s ride that bicycle everywhere! I’ll also modify the courses appropriately!
Without a doubt!
The E-bike Ergonomics & Maintenance course is $189 + GST.
The E-bike Road Training course covering road safety, rider proficiency, and collision avoidance is $189 + GST.
Yes, it’s your course!
The Electric Bicycle Ergonomics & Maintenance course runs from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm on any day you desire.
The Electric Bicycle Road Training course covering road safety, rider proficiency, and collision avoidance runs from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm on any day you desire.
Only schedule the course you prefer. If you plan to do both courses, it would be ideal to complete the E-bike Ergonomics & Maintenance course first. This ensures your electric bicycle is ergonomically adjusted, and has your maintenance and repair items onboard for a day of riding during the E-bike Road Training course.
Absolutely! Your instructor is qualified by Alberta Transportation to sign off on new motorcyclists who have successfully completed a qualifying training course (for insurance), and has done so for hundreds of them.
The courses are set up to be enjoyable, enlightening, and educational!