A Calgarian born and raised, Ross spent decades on two-wheels, with and without a motor. Being a recreational cyclist, who has pedaled around Valencia, Munich, Paris, Kyoto, Barcelona, Calgary… Something became apparent.
For getting around town on an individual timeline, having two wheels is an ideal form of transportation in metropolitan areas. E-bikes incorporate health, recreation, and environmental transportation; they are the way forward.
Ross was officially recognized by the House of Commons Canada, and awarded a “Certificate of Appreciation – In recognition of outstanding contributions made to our community” in the field of motorcycle safety instruction.
In 2017, 2018, and 2019 Ross was the “Motorcycle Instructor of the Year” at the Calgary Safety Council.
- Maintains a senior motorcycle instructor’s licence, from the Government of Alberta – Transportation Safety Division of Alberta Transportation.
- Over the past 6+ years, Ross has taught ~600 students road safety on two wheels, through the most widely recognized novice motorcycle rider training course in Canada, and has also taught the advanced riding course to experienced riders.
- Basic Bicycle Mechanic Certificate from the University of Calgary Outdoor Centre.
- Ross has had the pleasure to instruct motorcycle operation to Calgary Police Officers progressing towards becoming a Motorcycle Police Officers.
- Previously a Professional Geoscientist, certified by The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA).
- Completed the Alberta Transportation exam on the Alberta Traffic Safety Act.
- Completed the Alberta Transportation exam for motorcycle instructors.
- Former President and Founder – University of Calgary Motorcycle Club.
- Previously a Calgary YMCA Day Camp Counselor for two summers and two winters, for children in age groups 4-5, 6-7, 8-10 and 11-13.
- Previously a University of Calgary science laboratory (solo) teaching assistant.